Monday, September 12, 2011

Celebrity Gossip: What's Hot Now: Tom Cruise Biography

Celebrity Gossip: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Tom Cruise Biography
Sep 12th 2011, 10:05

Born and Raised:

Thomas Cruise Mapother IV on July 3, 1962 in Syracuse, NY

Public Romance:

Despite the career, Tom is best known for his very public relationship. He married Katie Holmes on November 18, 2006 in Bracciano, Italy and they have a baby daughter, Suri, born on April 18, 2006.

Early Marriages and Kids:

Tom was married to Nicole Kidman from December 1990 to August 2001. They have two adopted children together, Isabella and Connor.

He was also married to actress Mimi Rogers from May 1987 to February 1990.

Devoted to Scientology:

In 1990, he renounced his devout Catholic beliefs and embraced The Church Of Scientology claiming that Scientology teachings had cured him of the dyslexia that had plagued him all of his life.

Best and Worst Actor:

He was the first actor to have the distinction of starring in both the year's Oscar winner for Best Picture, Rain Man (1988) and the year's Razzie "winner" for Worst Picture, Cocktail (1988).

Down in the Dumps:

In August of 2006, Paramount Pictures basically dumped Tom for being too over the top.

Fast Rise to Fame:

In a span of less than 5 years, Tom was starring in some of the top grossing films of the 1980's including Top Gun (1986), The Color of Money (1986), Rain Man (1988) and Born on the Fourth of July (1989).

Forbes Richest List:

In 2006, Tom Cruise topped the annual Forbes Celebrity 100 List with an estimated $67 million fortune under his belt.

More Tom Cruise Trivia:

By the age of 14, he had attended 15 different schools in the US and Canada.

As a 14 year old Franciscan seminary student, he wanted to become a priest.

In high school, he found acting, dropped out of school, and at age 18 headed to NY for an acting career.

Time magazine once described him as a "baby-faced Christopher Reeve".

Tom will not allow his likeness to be used in video games or for action figures.

Quotes From Tom Cruise:

"I'm passionate about learning. I'm passionate about life."

"I believe in life. I know that life comes in at your heart and it doesn't matter if you're an actor, a filmmaker or a gentleman on the street, it comes at you. What Scientology gives me is the tools to deal with that, to better enjoy my life and to be able to contribute more."

"As a young actor, people were trying to define who I was before I really knew that for myself. But I still remember thinking, 'This is what I love doing, and I hope I'm going to be able to do it forever."

"I've had a very interesting life. There are ways of handling the complexities. I'm willing to take on responsibilities as a father, as a producer, as an actor and I enjoy that. There's no pinnacle of power where you can sit back and rest."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment